1. They are hoping to ______ the Japanese market with their latest product.
A. transmit B. plunge C. penetrate D. filter
2. Both the labor and the management made a lot of ______ and at last they came to anagreement.
A. sessions B. recessions
C. concessions D. conferences
3. A healthy life is frequently thought to be ______ with the open countryside and homegrown food.
A. tied B. bound
C. involved D. associated
4. If this kind of fish becomes ______, future generations may never taste it at all.
A. minimum B. short C. seldom D. scarce
5. Despite its ______ location near the tax office, the copy shop didn’t show profits lastyear.
A. convenient B. conveniently
C. convenience D. conveniences
6. Some people would like to do shopping on Sundays since they expect to pick up
wonderful _______ in the market.
A. batteries B. bargains C. baskets D. barrels
7. Year 12 student Kerrie, now just a semester away from graduation, praises the system that has allowed her to finish her schooling and also ______ a traineeship.
A. take on B. take away C. take in D. take up
8. Both television commercials and programs present a(an) ______ view of the material world, one which promotes a standard of living that most of us can probably not attain.
A. imprudent B. banal C. perplexing D. visionary
9. Maria ______ missed the first train so as to travel on the same one as John.
A. deliberately B. intensively
C. decisively D. objectively
10. His efforts to raise money for his program were ______ because, no one showed any intention to take a cent out of their pockets.
A. in place B. in sight C. in effect D. in vain